Get The Look: Holly Willoughby’s Vintage Waves
I think it is fair to say everyone is a bit obsessed with Holly Willoughby’s locks. We get our daily fix of her bleached tresses every morning when she’s giving us a giggle with her co-presenter Phillip Schofield on This Morning.
We got to see a new look from her last week at the Pride of Britain Awards 2019 . Some of the great and the good of British entertainment attend in celebration of incredible people doing outstanding things. The highly anticipated red carpet for the awards always serves us some classically beautiful looks.
Holly Willoughby switched it up last week by substituting her usual tousled waves for a styled Old Hollywood Glamour look. Her stunning waves complimented her simple red dress creating a look that resemble that of a 50’s movie star. Holly showcased a picture of her gorgeous look on instagram after the event.
We adore this vintage inspired look and we think think its adaptable to multiple lengths and textures.
Here is our simple guide to achieving Holly’s Classic Curls:
1) Wash your Hair – This tutorial will work best if your hair is clean to start.
2) Prep your hair with a curly hold spray or setting spray through the mid lengths and ends – texture ensures your hair is easier to mould in to sleek waves.
3) Part you hair in a side part – Holly’s look has a deep side parting, this allows the waves the frame around your face.
4) Blow dry with body and smoothness. You want your hair to start straight but voluminous so you can style it in to the desired shape.
5) Section hair your hair horizontally into three sections: clip one at the crown, one at the top of your ears, and leave the rest of your hair down.
6) Using a thick barrel tong curl your bottom section with the tong vertical. Alter your method when curling the top two sections. Place the tong at a 45° angle curling away from your face in the same direction and width section each time.
7) Once all of your hair is curled use soft brush or wide tooth comb to brush curls out. As you brush, sweep hair into a wave direction until you get your desired look. You can use your fingers to shape the curves in your waves. This part is the most important step in the process. Take your time in shaping your waves
8) Tuck your side closest to the parting behind your ear.
9) Set hair with hair spray and use hairspray or serum to give sleek look
And this is how it should look:
This look is simple to execute and looks stunning for a big event or an exciting night out.
Use this tutorial to recreate this stunning do’ or head to you nearest salon where one of our experienced stylists can create this look for you!