How To Style a Fishtail Braid
The fishtail braid seems difficult to conquer but our model, Desere, directed by James Oxley from the Workshop Session Team, shows us how to recreate this fishtail braid at home using the exclusive Rush Salon range.
Celebrity inspiration? Channel Vanessa Hudgens and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini with this fishtail braid.
How To Style
- Apply Rush Salon Multiuse Oil
- Take the front section at the front hairline, divide in two and overlap to start your braid.
- Drop the overlapped piece, picking up another section from the front hairline and overlap towards the back. Ensure you are only holding 2 strands at any one time.
- Continue this technique and make sure the braid is tight and flat to the head.
- Once you get to the nape of the neck, you should have no loose strands.
- To complete the braid, pull your hair from the outside braid, overlapping to the inside, working towards the lengths and ends. If the hair is slipping away, make sure to add more Rush Salon MultiUse Oil.
- Working through the other section repeat the technique.
- To finish, tie braid off with elastic and spray Rush Salon Survive & Revive Dry Shampoo for hold.
Recreate this look at home. Find these products and more at our online store or book today for a salon professional look in salon.